E. Dannielle Slaughter

Ringling College of Art + Design
Fine Arts- 2010

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Revised [Artist Statement]

Over all, I am making a game that you can't win, showing the viewer the possibility of entertainment without access to the entertainment and playing with the appreciation of the vulnerable structure of the human body.

Starting from the actual and observed and adding non-existent fantastical elements; I combine them creating a non-archival experience with documented evidence. I like to break down my observations and put them in an order that makes sense to me. I am looking to discover the responses of others when I show them a playful spectacle of events and the artifacts and documentation of those events.

The way in which I approach my work often comes from humor and play with the tangible. I started with wanting my work to be indefinable by medium but have begun to realize that I really just want to combine many traditional mediums - turning a painting into a sculpture or photos, or blending photos and painting - into one piece; exploring my concepts in a variety of sensory experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment